Some of you have asked me what you can do right now to restore The Saints to being a vibrant, democratic organization that is responsive to its members who pay annual dues. Here are a few ideas - please feel free to add to this list and post comments.
- post comments on this blog and on the Chicago Reader Story (click on story to the left)
- Send e-mails to Deb Granite at email@example.com
- request minutes
- request observation privileges at future board meetings (the next one is scheduled for September 14 at 7:30 pm)
- write letters and send e-mails to the board with your questions
- attend general membership meetings and ask for a Question and Answer period at the conclusion of the meeting
- advocate for a committee to work on the bylaws
- advocate for setting up a nonpartisan election commission that develops fair election procedures before the process begins
- advocate for both electronic and mail in ballot options
- ask for financial reports and a full financial audit
There's plenty that can be done but this would be a great start.